Etang de Chavaignac: Rules
The rules are purely for the safety of the carp and our aim is to maintain a high standard of stunning fish in pristine condition.
Please read through our rules and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. All our rules are solely to protect the fish. We will check your tackle/setup at any time. Please make sure your entire party know our rules as a mistake could result in one or more anglers leaving the lake. There will be no exceptions or second chances.
- In case of departure before the end of the stay whatever your reason, no refund will be made.
- For information, the site is under video surveillance.
- Please respect the environment.
- Vehicles must be parked in the car park. We accept no responsibility in the event of theft or damage. They are authorised ONLY for loading and unloading equipment.
- We advise you to leave nothing that could draw attention to your fishing station or your vehicle. We accept no responsibility in the event of theft or damage.
- Drugs and excessive alcoholic drinks are prohibited.
- Positions must be specific to your departure.
- Do not throw cigarette butts on the floor or into the pond.
- Selective sorting is mandatory. Place your rubbish in the appropriate containers at the entrance to the site.
- Bathing is strictly forbidden.
- It is forbidden to do the dishes in the pond.
- For hygiene reasons, showers, washbasins and toilets are available. Please use them and keep them clean.
- It is forbidden to light fires on the ground. Stoves and camping gas are allowed.
- All fish are to be released. No killing of fish weill be tolerated.
- For the safeguarding and health of the fish, release to the water must be done quickly and at the swim where it was caught.
- For all fish, photography, weight gain should be taken individually and crouched over the receiving mat. For safety reasons, fish must be unhooked, weighed and photographed as quickly as possible using only one camera.
- You have to take the fish in photography that on one side.
- Please remove any watches/bracelets (or any items which may cause damage to the fish).
- Padded unhooking mats are compulsory. One carp per mat.
- A large landing net is required.
- It is forbidden to use carp sacks during the day. It is overnight so photos can be taken in the morning. Ensure only one fish per sack.
- The fish must be respected. It is strictly forbidden to kill, mark or mutilate a fish.
- In the event of injury or when removing the hook, methylene blue must be used for all other carp-specific products. If fat injury report it to the front desk.
- Sturgeon fishing: precautions must be taken in view of the fragility of the species. Only hand and water handling is permitted. The catch with the landing net is formally prohibited.
- In no case can the carpistes be allowed to fish with the carnivorous.
- One angler per swim: 4 rods.
- Two anglers per swim: 6 rods.
- The rods must be installed withion the swim and not outside. They must always remain under the supervision of the fisherman and must be removed from the water when the angler is away form the swim.
- Bait boats are allowed.
- All raw seeds are prohibited. Checks may be carried out at any time by management.
- Please ensure particles are prepared correctly. NO nuts or maggots. Boilies, particles and pellets only.
- Excess bait should not be thrown into the pond or on the banks.
- Use a bivvy, umbrella-tent or tent in green, black, sand or camouflage only.
- No braided mainline
- Any leadcore rigs must enable the lead to be freed via a lead clip.
- Size 4 or 6 microbarbed or crushed barb hooks only
Compliance with the rules may at any time be subject to checks by the Management. Non-compliance to the rules will lead to the immediate expulsion from the venue without being able to claim any reimbursement.