The welfare of the fish at Domaine De La Ribeire, the comfort of our guests and a general concern for maintaining the environment are our main concerns. All visitors are requested to familiarise themselves with the fishery rules before fishing.
- Opening times : 8am - 8pm.
Arrival times : 10am - 12 am and 2pm - 5pm. Please do not arrive outside these times unless by special arrangement.
Departure time : 10 a.m
- Before setting up, you must report to the reception.
- You can drop your tackle at your peg but cars must be returned to the car park as soon as possible. Taking your car to your peg during your session is not allowed.
- We organise the fishing weeks from Saturday to Saturday.
- The reservation of pegs and accommodation is confirmed on a weekly basis upon receipt of a 50% down payment payable by cheque to Armfield Angling limited at its uk address within 14 days of booking. You will be sent a receipt. The balance MUST be paid 2 months prior to arrival. The date will be specified on your booking confirmation.
- A payment is required for any non-anglers.
- Swimming is strictly prohibited.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash. Please collect their excrement.
- Showers and toilets are available for anglers in bivvies only (showers may be used during opening hours).
- Barbecues are not allowed (camping-gas burners only).
- Please contribute to protecting the environment by avoiding any damage to the vegetation. Do not light any fires. All litter must be placed in the bin provided.
- Do not throw cigarette ends, bottle tops on the floor or in the lake.
- The number of allowable persons on site can’t exceed the capacity of the studio-apartment/gîte or the room, including the angler. (This includes lake exclusive weeks.)
- Fishing is always catch-and-release. You are not allowed to stalk.
- Only green bivvies or camouflage pattern are accepted.
- Bait-boats are allowed.
- Three rods maximum. Only one hook per rod. All hooks must be micro barb or barbless. Do not leave rods unattended.
- No braided main lines or braided leaders.
- All rigs must allow fish to free themselves in case of a breakage. In the interest of fish safety, regular rig checks will be carried out.
- The length of lead core may not exceed 1 metre.
- No hooks bigger than size N° 2
- Baiting must be moderate. Only seeds purchased and cooked on site by the owner Michel to be used.
- Peanuts are strictly forbidden.
- Large unhooking mats are compulsory and should be wetted before use. Large unhooking mats minimum size 1200 x 900 must be used please. If you don't have one they can be rented from Armfield Angling. This rule will be enforced rigidly to prevent fish damage.
- The fish must be treated with care and returned to the water in the best conditions.
- From 1st April 2012 all fish over 40 pounds MUST be photographed in the water
- Adults only are to handle and return the fish. No anglers under the age of 16 are permitted to fish, handle or return fish at the venue.
- All fish must be immediately released. NO sacking of fish.
- Do not throw the rest of your bait either in the lake or on the bank before departure.
- Maggots can be used March to end of April and October & November only. (3 gallons maximum please)
- The use of any boats other than bait boats is forbidden. The boat at the lakeside is for the sole use of the baliff or owner.
Any infringement of the rules may result in being asked to leave the venue with no refund.
We are delighted to help our guests and fishermen. However please ensure visits to the house with enquiries (other than out of hours emergencies) are kept to the hours of 9am untill 1pm.